Friday, February 22, 2013

my family

This is about my family, not about the show my family which is really funny and much more entertaining than my family.  My wife Christina is almost 4 years younger than I.  Taniesha is the oldest kid at 21.  We adopted her in God (too old to adopt legally) into our family Aug '12 at the ripe old age of 20 while roughly 7 mos pregnant.  Next is Joe Hill at 20.  He is my one child from my first marriage and I haven't had contact with him since he was about 1 yr old.  Next is Anthony at 11, then Joshua at 9, and finally Ashtin, she's a ripe old 7 yrs of age.  Of course, there's also Emma, daughter of Taniesha, and the family project.  Of course daddy, i mean grandpa gets her most of the time, but everybody takes turns (not with diapers).  We were determinately done with kids after Ashtin, however God has/had other plans.  So here we are with our wonderful family of 7 all lovingly bundled into an 850sq ft mansion.  So here's the part that you can't share.  Like, don't tell my family, and especially my wife, but as I look at our family I get a strong feeling that God is not done adding to our numbers.  Shhh.  We are not having any more kids, just to make that clear.  Took care of that with scissors/Morena, but I just have had this funny feeling about our flock increasing.  So....like every other part of life I will wait, and wait, and see what God does.  I will be busy in the waiting, but alas, I will wait to see how God continues to use us.  The end for now.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jethro. It's been awesome to see God having HIS way in and through you and your family. Like you, we have one through blood, four through foster-adoption (three siblings) and their blood sister through spiritual adoption at age 19...GOD'S FAMILY has to see the orphan as God's heart...THIS IS true "religion" (James 1:27). See ya'll soon.

    ReplyDelete