Thursday, April 9, 2015

God showed up

     These last few weeks I have had more work than I...well, I've had lots of work. Now bear in mind that I'm a stay at home dad so this wouldn't be much work for a guy with a regular job. But it's a lot for me. Then spring break we took off for 5 days, came back for a week, then beached it a Lincoln City for Easter weekend. That was a blast.

     For a year now Chris has been going full time on her Master's as well as full time work and that makes our together time pretty slim. We really needed time away. Coming back to life after Easter was killing me. The house was a mess, the kids wanted to go play with their friends, Chris made it to soccer practice to relieve me at 6:15pm Monday and then came home about 8:30 Tuesay night. I miss my best friend. I never signed up for single parenting.

     But God showed up like He always does. Tuesday a guy from my last Bible study came over (brought his car over) then Wednesday another church friend brought his truck over and my buddy visited with his car just before that. These guys really lifted me, although still missed the wife. However, late in the morning she showed up. Had to leave work due to puking over and over. (Must be the baby). That's our little family joke. Even though she was sick still got to spend a little time with her. I'm not saying God made her sick but He did use it to bless me in a way. Although she was doing quite a bit better Thursday she was still home and continued to help me out.

     I know this doesn't seem like much but it was a lot to me and God really showed up in a tangible way. God has been so gracious in supplying customers whenever we need money but this time He filled an entirely different need. I hope you know this God who supplies all needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment