Thursday, November 19, 2015

O God

     O God, you are my comfort in troubled times.
     O God, you are my comfort in peaceful times.
     O God, who am I? Who am I? Little ol me?
     O God, who are you? Great and mighty king.
     O God, ruler of all, king of all kings and principalities.
     O God, why do you take time to look upon me?
     O God, what could I have of value to you?
     O God, how many times a day do I fail you?
     O God, is there ever a time when some evil doesn't color my heart towards you?
     O God, do you see the wickedness of my heart?
     O God, your son made me purer than the whitest snow.
     O God, why do I worry what others think? Who are they above you?
     O God, why do I not believe what you say about me? Why do I doubt you?
     O God, am I walking in the fullness of your purposes for my life?
     O God, how can I not miss the many times you want to use me in anothers life?
     O God, how can I see the greatness of mission in raising my kids?
     O God, does my pride make me think I serve you more than I do?
     O God, do not let my confidence in your gifts slip into pride.
     O God, may I hear and follow your Holy Spirit and not anything or anyone else.
     O God, help me be everything my wife needs me to be.
     O God, may you meet others in the place of their need through me.
     O God, make me smaller and you greater each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment