Saturday, February 14, 2015

Jack in the Box II

Jack-in-the-Box part deux

    In case you missed part one, I was looking at my daughters jack in the box as a metaphor for the world. Jesus is on the inside but most don't know.

 While the majority are taking the wide road, those that can only see the outside of the box, there are a handful who can see inside the box. While I doubt any of us see a clown, it's a sure bet that each of us have a differing view of the man inside. Our view of the God-man and His daddy is a source of much contention and discussion. It seems we like to spend much too much time on these things that matter little and not nearly enough time on what matters much.

     What does matter is that as we get closer to God the walls of that box get thinner and thinner. I like to think of this world as veiled from heaven. When I spend time with God the veil gets more transparent. Things around begin to take on more of a spiritual nature. We battle not against flesh and blood but spiritual matters. I see this more and more. Just like the tide under the law is love, there is a tide under all things of this earth. That tide is either darkness of some sort (sin), or in some way shape or form God. I find this to be problematic at times because I start referring to everything in spiritual context. The rest of the world, no matter how Godly, does not necessarily want to be so Jesus freaky all the time. However, this is all semantics really. The important things are not the way we talk or the brand of church, not our clothes or aftershave, but just that we know there is a veil and that the real world is on the other side of it.

     The music plays, the handle spins, and without warning the weasel pops. The box is gone. The world a memory. But this is the greatest thing ever. While the box may be drizzly one moment, there is victory the next. Loved ones left behind will not be forgotten but once in the embrace of Jesus nothing could tear us away. Everything is lit by the love of this man. For once nothing is lacking. Every part of me feels whole. I have no sadness. No insecurity. I can finally receive all the love Jesus is giving me. I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment