Sunday, May 17, 2015

In giving I receive

     One day during worship at church I just wasn't feeling it. So I went to the source. God, I'm just not feeling it today. The answer was swift and sure. Worship me.

     Worship is never for me. Worship is the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for God. No part of that is for me. So how is it we (I) go into times of worship for what we (I) receive? God owes us nothing. He's already given us everything. And then I go to worship Him expecting to be filled up myself. What kind of selfish American Christianity is this? Yet God is so gracious that He does give to me. I worship Him and I leave feeling filled and refreshed. No other god does this. As if any other gods are actually gods.

     So once again God reminded me of the order of things. That I am here to worship Him and He alone. Not because He demands it but because He is worthy. And He IS worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment