Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The rainbow is not just for us to remember God's promise

     Have you ever looked at a rainbow and thought,  God is down right here, right now? Gen 9:14-16 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on earth.

     The 'I' is God. Funny how He speaks of himself in the third person in vs. 16. The rainbow is like God's post-it note to himself. Oh yeah, do not destroy earth by water. Again. Check. No water apocalypse. Just found this amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment