Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Isn't God excellent?

     1. God is big. Really big. When I am thanking Him for the beautiful sunshine I am enjoying not only does He see my sunshine but looking at the world He sees the storms and snow, ice and rain, hurricanes and more of every one, of every place in the world.

     2. I want God. I don't want a particular gift. I'm not praying for sunshine. I'm not praying to be kept safe in the dark and ugly days ahead when my spirit is usually heavy. While I am praying for smaller things and for other's needs, my consuming prayer is to be a man of God, God's man. I simply want to know and be known by my God.

     3. I am blessed beyond measure. I am able to replace our rotten bathroom floor with 1-1/8" plywood underlayment given by a friend several years ago and wood floating floor left over from bedroom project.

     4. More blessing. Replaced large front room window of our home today with last of three vinyl windows given us by a neighbor when they remodeled their home. We only need 5 more to finish house. They were also the correct size to replace our wood framed windows. God is good.

     5. And more. A 2005 Mazda was abandon with us several years ago. We licensed and titled it last year, repaired it and drove this weekend for first time. Then someone asked if we had a car for sale and we were able to sell Chris's old car without even putting up for sale. That's at least two blessings there. God is good.

     6. Sitting in the church/school parking lot and a number of young girls with down faces walked past my car going to their bus. Then others with smiles began filing out to cars. The home team won. This reminded me that we win. We are on the winning team. We have reason to smile.

     7. I can't do it by myself. I've done payments on cars many times with very mixed results. Chris asked if we were going to take payments on this sale and I flatly said no. I don't want to deal with that. She felt certain God wanted us to so we did. I pre decided so couldn't hear God but she could. I recognized that I had closed myself off to hearing God in this situation so I gave the decision to someone who could hear God.

     And lastly, all of the above was written on my phone while in my car at the south campus during linc. After writing number 7 I looked back at the church and saw a woman washing the windows of the entrance doors. I felt God telling me to go thank her. I hesitated and He asked again. I jumped out of my car and headed for the doors. She had walked away and I hoped she would be alone. I found her as a man was asking her for a ride to pick up his car. I offered to drive him and he left to get his key. I thanked her for serving us, then she asked if I had a son who just entered high school and described him. She told me stories about my son, then I gave him a ride and arrived back at the church exactly at 8pm to pick up my daughter.

Isn't God's timing excellent?

I hope you simply pull into God.

Please pray for me if you will, to just draw more and more into God.

No comments:

Post a Comment