Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The bumpy ride back to earth,aka,The Great Letdown.

     The space shuttle is a complex vehicle. As it sits on earth the demands on it are very little. However, thousands upon thousands of man hours are spent working to ensure a smooth launch, a proper trajectory, dumping boosters, launching equipment in space, docking with the space station, and eventually re entry into earth's atmosphere.

     Once home the shuttles job is pretty much finished. It will sit for extended periods of time serving little to no function. But to get it there is no easy task. If the correct speed and angle of re-entry into earth's atmosphere are not used the whole thing would turn into a large hunk of charcoal.

     I am struggling to re-enter my life. There is no complex structure to it. I drive kids to and from school, make lunch, change diapers, maintain the house, and fiddle around in the shop. Most of which I could do when I was sick (when the pain was managed). I could not wait to get better and get back in to life. Now that it's here, seems there is not much to get back in to. Feels like the great let down.

     The pain was so great that to get through it to the next period of peace was a big accomplishment. Now I look around and that same level of accomplishment is nowhere to be found. Just a feeling of disallusionment. Seems wrong somehow. I'm sure in no time at all I will readjust to the boringness of my life and all will be fine again. I think though it's time to get in the house and make sure all is good. Can't leave the minions alone too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment