Thursday, November 6, 2014

Journaling on Mark 15

15:1-15 Pilate is just one of many people who are like pieces in a giant cosmic clock.  As each piece does it's job, Jesus gets closer and closer to the cross, to redemption for all of mankind.  In a way we should be thankful to Pilate, for his cowardice.  For bowing to the people instead of doing what he knew was right.

15:3-5 Pilate had had many men come before him.  Most of them would say anything to escape death.  Jesus says nothing but what is necessary to ensure death.  Imagine for a moment all these people; Pilate, Judas Iscariot, the high priest and his cohorts, the company of soldiers in vs. 16, imagine all of these people met God 1900 years ago and know the story in a way we don't yet.  I wonder how they would tell their story now.  They killed Jesus and then met Him in His glory.  Awkward!  Imagine they know what they've done and yet Jesus and His daddy still love them.  What a sad revelation to find this truth too late.

15:29-32 As I read this I want to rise up and defend Him.  As if Jesus has some insecurity that needs to be defended.  But it's only my insecurity showing up that I care about what people say about me.

15:33 I would think there would have been mass panic when it suddenly got dark from 12-3pm.  If there was it was not important to the gospel writers, nor is there any mention of how it went dark--like sun went out or dark clouds or?  I've always been curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment