Saturday, January 17, 2015

let go and let God

     The problem as I see it is people are only interested in right now but they desperately need forever. So what do we have to offer them? We need something to open the door so to speak. An access point into their lives. I'm speaking in broad church terms now, like, this is how we evangelize now people. If you want to see people saved this is the game plan. Blanket idealism is never really the right idea but hang with me here.

     Let go and let God. How many times have you heard that? Yeah that sounds good but how does that really work anyways. Sorry, but I don't have a ten step plan for that. Not even a 100 point service objective. Boy that sounds official. What I do have is the ability to help people. Yep, help them cross the street, give em good directions when lost, etc. I suppose thats good stuff but what I'm really thinking is healing from addiction. Healing from childhood abuse, post abortion depression, guilt from criminal mistakes, you name it. Only God can fix that stuff but I can help.

     Everybody has broken stuff in their life. Everybody. I'm suggesting that as the body of Christ we need to know how to help people. I'm not saying that Christians should have it all together but we should know where to go for that healing. And we should also know how to help others to do the same. This is something they need now and is a great way to get into their lives and tell them what God has done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment